Qatar has slammed the Saudi-led quartet of boycotters for their “disorganized” conduct and “conflicting statements” after they apparently backed down from a number of the terms on their list of demands aimed at ending the dispute with Doha.
The six Arab countries who last month cut ties with Qatar are reported to have written to world football’s governing body, FIFA, to demand the Gulf state be stripped of hosting the 2022 World Cup because they consider it a “base of terrorism”.
Egypt, which has joined a Saudi-led bloc of states in boycotting Qatar, says it will end a visa-free regime with the country and will continue to require that Doha meet the 13 demands the bloc has given it.
France's Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian on Saturday called on Qatar's neighbors to immediately lift measures impacting thousands of people in the Persian Gulf, becoming the latest foreign diplomat to visit the region and attempt to find a resolution to a crisis that has dragged on for more than a month.
The European Union (EU) has warned that the Arab regional grouping of the [Persian] Gulf Cooperation Council (PGCC) might collapse as a result of the current diplomatic dispute among its member states.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says he may travel to several regional countries to help resolve a crisis revolving around Qatar, even as he has disturbed some of those countries by resolutely taking Doha’s side.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has stressed that his country will remain loyal to Qatar and that a list of demands by Saudi Arabia and its allies from the Persian Gulf country are under no circumstances acceptable.