Iran's Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization says Iranians will be attending this year’s Hajj after Saudi officials agreed to make the necessary arrangements for Iranian pilgrims to participate in the rituals.
Iran is going to focus on security issues, legal proceedings, compensation and blood money for the martyred Iranian pilgrims during coming meetings with the Saudi Arabian officials, the Leader’s representative for Hajj and Pilgrimage Affairs Hojjatoleslam Ali Qazi Asgar said.
An Iranian official said the country is ready to hold talks with Saudi officials on the participation of Iranian nationals in 2017 Hajj pilgrimage as it received an official invitation from Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia has invited Iran to discuss a return of its nationals to next year's Hajj after Iranians could not take part in the annual pilgrimage following a major diplomatic row, reports said Friday.
The leader of Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement has lashed out at Saudi Arabia for mishandling of the Hajj rituals, saying restrictions imposed on Muslims for this year’s Hajj are reminiscent of Israel’s repeated desecration of the al-Aqsa Mosque.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Saudi Arabia has taken the holy sites of Islam hostage in order to implement its spiteful policies and serve the arrogant powers and the Israeli regime.
From Asia, Africa and points in between, nearly 1.5 million Muslims launched the annual Hajj pilgrimage to Islam's holiest sites in Saudi Arabia Saturday, undeterred by a stampede last year that cost thousands of lives.